Monday 16 February 2009

Healing


I finally could not take it anymore. The medicine given by the doctor last week was not taking any effect. This was the first time I was seeing that doctor. If not better, it has taken a turn for the worse instead. I have intermittent fever although I was still up and running. But having the heat on my forehead was not something I liked. And the cough got worse that everyone kept asking (to my annoyance) if I had taken medicine when I already did. This was the first time it took so long to heal a simple case of flu. I figured maybe it was because I could not take any fever medicine and antibiotics due to allergy, as well as maybe I had been keeping late nights that I did not have sufficient rest.

So I went to a popular chinese physician instead. On top of the consultation, I also requested for 'tui na' (chinese massage). And this included using the electric shock on the acupoints, and using the cups, as well as the massage, to release the tension on my body. I did everything except acupuncture. The chinese way of healing was something I like : healing through herbs and massage. The healing by the above 3 methods was something I relish. Yes I liked getting poked and tucked and rubbed at, all to release the bad energy and tension trapped in the body. The result was instantaneous. The sinseh joked, "since you are allergic to so many western medicine, then you have sealed your fate with chinese medicine".

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...