Monday 23 February 2009

Kai Lan in oyster sauce

This was part of my dinner tonight, with rice. It's been a long time since I had Kai Lan In Oyster Sauce, so I made this very very simple dish. These were 2 big bunches of Kai Lan veggies. I steamed them in boiling water for a minute with a dash of salt and oil and quickly sieved them up. I mixed the oyster sauce with water, with dash of salt, sugar, sesame oil and corn flour. I stir fried chopped garlic and put in the sauce mix and cooked for a minute. Then I poured the hot sauce into my steamed kai lan. After adding some fried shallots on top, the dish was ready.

Sometimes when I have craving for certain type of veggies, I would just buy them from the supermarket and had my mom or myself cooked them for dinner. I love my greens, especially crunchy veggies. I can eat them on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...