Monday 20 April 2009

Grüezi hoi! (hello!)


When I was in Switzerland some years back, I fell in love with the place. I was at Lucerne. Apart from checking out the exquisite Rolex watches, I enjoyed roaming the streets even more, admiring the colourful blooms and the Gothic buildings, and strolling along Lake Lucerne (above), otherwise known as Vierwaldstättersee. I was surprised to find a place as clean as Singapore, and the water was very safe to drink all over Switzerland, just like Singapore. But my Big Mac meal cost S$13.00!
Then I went skiing at Mt Titlis. On the way there, I saw so many pretty cottages at the bottom of the mountains. Everywhere looked so tranquil and quiet. Along the meandering route, I saw a few more lakes along the way, some parts frozen with ice. It was such a pleasant ride that I did not even remember or feel the cold.
When we reached the top of the hill by cable car, it was an awesome sight looking at the snow laden mountains from afar. It was freezing cold and slightly windy. My only regret was, I did not managed to take that many photos as my camera was cranking up. These were some of the precious few snapshots I took.
I always say, if I need to migrate one day, this would be the ideal country of my choice. Because I can never forget the "wow" feeling I experienced (gasp!) in Switzerland compared to the other neighbouring European countries. I can't wait to go there again some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...