Tuesday 6 July 2010

Happy Birthday to the Living Buddha!

Today 6 July is His Holiness The Dalai Lama's 75th birthday. 

Whenever I listen to His Holiness' teachings, or just by looking at him, I would feel so touched by him. One can feel his compassion. Inevitably, most times there will be tears of joy.

My guru, Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche always reminds us that it is through the kindness of His Holiness the Dalai Lama that we have been able to meet the teachings of the Buddha. His Holiness' 75th birthday is a wonderful opportunity to recall that kindness and to offer prayers. May His Holiness The Dalai Lama continue to enjoy good health and a very long life. May this Living Buddha, a manifestation of Chenrezig (Kuan Yin), the Bodhisattva of Compassion, remain with us till samsara ends. 

Said His Holiness:
"It is not enough to be compassionate. You must act. There are two aspects to action. One is to overcome the distortions and afflictions of your own mind, that is, in terms of calming and eventually dispelling anger. This is action out of compassion. The other is more social, more public. When something needs to be done in the world to rectify the wrongs, if one is really concerned with benefitting others, one needs to be engaged, involved."

Oh, and today is my birthday as well. Heheh.... I share the same birthday as His Holiness. I am sincerely grateful for his immense blessings, in one way or another. Om mani padme hum!  _/\_

Me receiving blessings from my root guru, Lama Zopa Rinpoche.  I am happy with the dream I had of Rinpoche a few weeks ago where he gave me lots of gifts, which included some Dharma pills, a red string (we normally receive this blessed string from the lama), a white khata, and some books. ;D

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...