Saturday 18 February 2012

Is Lati Rinpoche coming back soon?

One day last week, at dawn, I had a very long dream. I was in a place, in a big building with many rooms. I was with a friend (I will call her XX).  We were exploring the place which was quite happening.  In one place, there was a pond with clear water and big stones. One guy was standing on a big stone in the shallow pond, and reciting some prayers. We thought the sight was a little weird.  

As we walked around, I kept telling XX that I was hungry, needed to find food.  She kept wandering off to some corners.  We passed by a room which looked like a classroom with many people talking inside. Then we entered another room. It was already evening time. There was a big bed in the room. Then I saw my Grandma. I was very happy to see her. My Grandma was sitting on a big mattress on the floor.  Somehow we got to know from Grandma that the big bed was occupied by someone else. Grandma asked me and XX to bunk in with her on the big mattress on the floor.  We lay down on the mattress for a while, but we could not get to sleep, so we decided to go look for food as we were hungry. We came to a big room, where there was supposed to be food being served. While we were waiting, I did not know why I was so restless and kept getting distracted and I went off to change my clothes a few times. XX was pretty bemused. 

The last time I saw Lati Rinpoche at the airport, Nov 2008. His final trip to Singapore. 
I cannot recall most of the rest of the dream but towards the end of the dream, I entered a room with no one inside. I was alone. So I hung around and waited. I made myself comfortable and was reading some books. It was so quiet and calm. Then someone knocked at my door. When I opened it, Mama Karen appeared. Pointing to the door of another room inside, she told me, "I am here to see Lati Rinpoche." It was then that I realised Lati Rinpoche was supposedly inside that room the whole time! In the dream I was so happy that Lati Rinpoche was there and I could be seeing him soon.  End of dream.

Although I did not see Lati Rinpoche in the dream, I am very happy to hear his name. Lati Rinpoche is one of my earlier gurus. He followed His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama into exile in India in 1959. In 1964, he was appointed as the Spiritual Advisor to His Holiness, whom he served faithfully until his Parinirvana in April 2010. I have a very very strong feeling that Lati Rinpoche will be coming back very very soon, any time now (and remember, you hear it here first from this blog).  I could be, as in the dream, be seeing him real soon.

Lati Rinpoche was particularly close and connected to his students in Gaden Shartse Dro-Phen Ling, being the only centre outside the Monastery which he visited often during the latter years of his life. May the reincarnation of Lati Rinpoche return quickly and reunite with many of his disciples and students. _/|\_

“The greatest gift is to give people your Enlightenment
to share it. It has to be the greatest.”
- The Buddha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...