Wednesday 11 March 2009

Shadow of my mind

This is my shadow under a dim light, watching the TV, hehe. I like the atmosphere at night in my living room. It is here where I watch TV on the relatively big screen against my dark green wall, surrounded by the greenery of plants, with one round pearl-like lamp switched on, the curtain blowing in gentle cool breeze, and sipping my Jolly Shandy. I also have a broad view of the outside from my living room with its long row of 8 windows, unblocked by anything.

I do not like bright white lights in the living room at night, unless I have guests or unless it is in the kitchen or bathroom. At night I only switch on 2 downlights and a lamp, as I prefer the cosy feel. After a hard day's work, I like to relax in the calm and serene surrounding, watching TV or reading magazines or just laze and day dream.

Even my bedroom is real relaxing where I sleep, surf the net and work. At night I draw all curtains in my room before I sleep (so that I will not get hit by the direct sunlight in the morning). This is a stark contrast to my old house, where the main living room faced the highway and was perenially noisy throughout anytime of the day. Now it is so quiet at night in the new house that I can even hear a needle drop. Which is very fine with me. Quiet calms the mind and promote a good sleep. Peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...