Monday 4 May 2009

Ain't missing a thing

These were my brunch that day in Suntec before the AWARE EGM. The yellow gerbera was given by the Old Guard volunteers (so sweet of them). I had to make sure I fill my stomach as I knew it was going to be a long session. It turned out to be the only meal I had that whole day, because by the time I reached home, it was about 10pm and I was in such a high spirit that I forgot about hunger pangs.

I had the Mee Siam and the thick Peanut Butter Toast from Toast Box, and my thick Kopi-C. It was a little too heavy but I forced myself to finish all. It was not the best mee siam I tasted, and the vermicelli was very thin, but it was palatable.

Today is already Day 18 of me being temp vegetarian. And I am alive and kicking! Although I don't think I have slimmed down in any way, but I felt lighter inside my system and not so "congested". I ate lots of green veggies these few weeks and tried different "innovative" ways of eating the usual dishes outside, replaced by veggies. I also ate more nuts, tofu, beancurd and drank soya bean milk in between, so that I would have sufficient nutrition.

This is the Ee-Mee (noodles) I had recently. The Tze-Char stall downstairs sell a mean plate of Ee-Mee which I usually like to eat. So when I asked them to cook a vegetarian version for me, I was delighted they obliged. They used 3 types of mushrooms, cauliflower, carrot, flat beans, and young corn and stir fry with the Ee-Mee. And together with green chilli, it was very nice!

Another day, I ordered Fried Oysters without oysters! I think the uncle at the stall thought I was mad. But I usually like Fried Oysters for its unique taste. Even without oysters I was happy to eat the omelette mixed with rice flour (usually 95% of this dish comprises of egg and rice flour anyway). And it was different from Fried Carrot Cake although they sound the same. I also love the chilli that usually comes with Fried Oyster, which is sourish that makes the fried oysters more delectable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...