Monday 23 November 2009

P.S..... guess what?

Two years ago, a friend (my movie khaki) watched this movie "P.S. I Love You" without me. One year ago, I borrowed the DVD from another friend, but still, I did not watch (I forgot all about it, or maybe I just didn't want to). One year later, the other night, I stumbled upon the DVD again and finally watched the movie.

I'm a sucker for romance movies like this one, Sleepless In Seattle and You've Got Mail. Although Hilary Swank acted fine in this movie, I would have preferred the cherubic Meg Ryan or cheery Kate Hudson or even a sexy Catherine Zeta Jones or a younger Michelle Pfeiffer. Hmm.... you know what, I think my ideal preference would have been Natalie Portman. Nonetheless, the actor Gerard Butler is definitely swoon-and-drool-worthy here, with his cute Irish accent.



P.S. I Love You is a beautiful love story although quite predictable. It is about how a young widow discovers her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life. I learnt that to be able to fully experience the joy and intense feelings with someone you truly love, is a blessing, even though it may be a brief one. 

In his last letter, the late Gerry wrote to his wife: Dear Holly, I don't have much time.......  But I have a feeling this is the last letter, because there is only one thing left to tell you. It isn't to go down memory lane or make you buy a lamp, you can take care of yourself without any help from me. It's to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man, by loving me. And for that, I am eternally grateful... literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I'm a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life. But I'm just one chapter in yours. There'll be more. I promise. So here it comes, the big one. Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal, when life as you know it ends. P.S. I will always love you.
 
And in the aftermath, Holly to Gerry:  Dear Gerry, you said you wanted me to fall in love again, and maybe one day I will. But there are all kinds of love out there. This is my one and only life, And its a great and terrible and short and endless thing, and none of us come out of it alive..... I don't know how you did it, but you brought me back from the dead. I'll write to you again soon. P.S... Guess what?

I guess for some of us, for now, whether alone or not, we've got to walk ahead, and maybe, just maybe, we will get that feeling once again. So what if this is it. So what if this is all there is to our life. No harm trying till your last breath. Try to see yourself through the eyes of someone who loves you.

I end this post with this quote...

You've given me reasons to smile,
and good times to laugh about,
but most of all you've given me
memories i could never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...