Tuesday 11 January 2011

Old Town White Coffee Cafe - Mee Java

While I am a fan of Old Town White Coffee 3-in-1 Classic from Ipoh for many years way back since 1999, I am almost embarrassed to say that I have only recently just visited the Old Town White Coffee Cafe. I only stopped drinking their 3-in-1 coffee a few years ago, because I found it has become too sweet for my liking. Maybe my taste buds have changed over the years.

While checking out SCAPE recently on a weekend, I was supposed to meet someone for coffee. Strolled past Old Town White Coffee Cafe in Orchard Cineleisure, decided to try the coffee, since the place was not too crowded at 3pm. Since 2005, Old Town White Coffee Cafe has become a franchise chain which has 137 outlets in Malaysia and Singapore to date.

I like their Iced Hazelnut White Coffee alot. It's thick, strong, cold and yet yummy.

The Old Town White Coffee was a little too strong and bitter for me.

I fell in love with the Javanese Mee which is so tasty and full of flavour! It is the Indonesian version somewhat similar to our local Mee Rebus, which is what I usually like. Our Mee Rebus consists of yellow noodles, hard boiled egg, beansprouts, fried tofu, raw green chilli, shallots and a fantastic mix of rempah to produce a great gravy.

The Javanese Noodles or Mee Java is a drier version.  It consists of very QQ yellow noodles, hard boiled egg, fried tofu, fried potatoes,  crackers, and topped with chopped peanut, shallots, spring onions, and a lime to be squeezed. You mix everything together till the noodles and the little dry sauce are thoroughly mixed. I simply love this simple noodles dish. 

Their Nasi Lemak looks very appetising but as it was 3pm that day, I did not think I could finish this dish with their generous helpings of peanuts, crispy fried ikan bilis, fried chicken wings, half-boiled egg, cucumbers and sambal chilli.   The sambal chilli, especially, looks so tempting and delicious. I will definitely be back so try some more food.  This photo is courtesy of fellow blogger, Keropokman. Read his review of Old Town's Nasi Lemak here and Nasi Rendang Chicken here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...