Monday 26 January 2009

Shower of blessings

Wow, just a few minutes after the Ox Year arrived, I suddenly heard an abrupt thunder, and then followed by a light rain, a drizzle and then it stopped. And I thought I heard that the Ox Year is going to be a very hot year?

But then again, I was so happy to see the rain. Everyone knows and thinks that the Ox Year is going to be a year of challenges. So when it rained just now, just after midnight, I felt so relieved.

Rain has always been a symbol of abundance. When it rains, there is a bumper crop, and when it does not, there is a poor harvest. So I prefer to view that the significance of this rain as a shower of blessing despite a forecasted gloomy year. If we stay positive and happy and work hard, maybe our devotion would move the heavens.

On a personal note, as today is also a merit multiplying day, I view this as the Buddhas' blessings as well. I had wanted to attend Gaden Shartse Drophenling's CNY Eve pujas at 10pm but I was not ready then, hence I did not go. The pujas supposed to have been completed sometime after midnight, to welcome the new year. As I understand before, when there is light rain during a puja and it stopped just before the puja ended, as the old geshela (monk) has mentioned before, it was a good omen. It was a sign of blessings from the Buddhas.

新年快乐!!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...