Monday 16 April 2007

Blessed few days in Singapore

Excerpts of letter to Tenzin Phuntsok Rinpoche, from a new found Buddhist:

Dear Our Holy Child, Lama Phuntsok Rinpoche,

I cannot begin to describe the tremendous gratitude and appreciation I have for you for giving the best 3 days in Ashton’s and my life! The honour of having all of you holy ones to visit the island, allowing me to chauffer and bring you around the island and most importantly, you have treated me like part of the ‘family’. It is indescribeable, the greatness of your hearts and generosity with all the blessings and karma you have created and generated to/for so many people in such short time. To give me the chance to share a meal with you, for the devotees and members of Amitabha Buddhist Centre welcoming me as part of them. For them to open up their doors to all who would like to visit Lama Phuntsok Rinpoche and seek blessings - with no questions asked, just warmth and welcome and serving and treating everyone who walked in with drinks and food.

I am ashamed. I am ashamed that I have not been able contribute to this Holy cause, not finding out earlier nor pursuing Buddhism further than the occassional visit to the temples. I am regretful that I am not able to do more than what I can to contribute to the visit for all of you and Lama Rinpoche.

How you fill my heart with happiness and calmness! Now, I can see evidently why the great Guru Geshe Lama Konchog has chosen you as the One. It is written all over your face, your behaviour and most of all, your character. At this tender age, you elude firmness and presence….the firmness of a leader of teachings and the presence of a strong mind with a task to fulfill and to spread Buddhism in the ways that you know how. I cannot find words to describe your generosity for allowing me to receive your blessings, for allowing Ashton to be part of your play time and spiritual world and just to be a part of you.

How you have blessed the many animals you met, the Dolphins, butterflies, fishes, turtles, Kois, Stingrays etc. and how you have brought with you the sense of calm and blessings that many seek to find - its priceless! Your happiness in your face, the seriousness when in prayers and the countless generous blessings you have given are immeasurable and I believe in the times ahead, you will be the one who will give many, the teachings of Buddha and lead them in the path to seek enlightenment, this, we are thankful. In you, we will seek the opportunities to spread the words and wisdom to all, the teachings of the great Geshe Lama Konchog and of course, Buddha. I wish you abundance blessings in your quest in the learnings in Kopan Monastry and may we have the pleasure of your Holy presence in Singapore, in Amitabha Buddhist Centre and all the other homes for children and the sickly to be blessed again, soon. May you live the most fulfilled long life and while doing so, share with us your teachings and wisdom that we all so long.

The past days have opened a whole new world for me, I have learnt more about giving unconditionally…for what I have experienced, I realised what I have done (not like alot!) is NOTHING compared to what ABC and the Sanghas have and are still doing. You have given up your life to the teachings of Buddha, to spread the word and to help others and this I am sincerely thankful for…for the fact that I am allowed to witness and be a part of your unconditional love for anyone and everyone. I have learnt and yes, what a Blessed few days we had!
With a heavy heart, I bid you all a safe and great journey to the other parts of the world to spread your goodness and a restful trip back to Kopan. Peace be with you always.
Note : At the time of writing, I am not a member of ABC nor have I known or met Geshe Lama Konchog. But in the short span I have had the honour of meeting Lama Phuntsok Rinpoche and the Sanghas, I have read and researched all I could to learn about them and their relentless quest and teachings. I am only too far from what many devotees are at but I guess it is a start. So for the nonchalant and ignorant way I may have phrased or described the greatness of the people above, I seek forgiveness.

In the new phrase I have learnt,
Om Mani PadMe Hum.

Sincerely,
Catherine
Sentosa, Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...