Saturday 7 April 2007

Tenzin Phuntsok Rinpoche's blessings

Today almost couldn't wake up to meet Tenzin Phuntsok Rinpoche! Set my alarm at 7.30am, but couldn't wake up till 8.30am when I jumped out of bed. Although the puja supposed to start at 10am, I knew it would be crowded, so I had wanted to go earlier. Anyway by the time I reached ABC (Amitabha Buddhist Center), the main hall upstairs was already full. So I had to settle for downstairs. It was ok as there was a projector screen to watch and aircon. Compared to the throngs of people that came later they could not come in, and had to stand by the roadside under the hot sun to wait for their blessings. I was wondering why didnt the organisers get a bigger place as about 1000 people were expected today, given the wide media publicity.

When young Rinpoche arrived at about 9.45am, there was a moment of hush as he crept in quietly. He was slightly frowning, maybe at the sight of so many people reaching out to him. Or maybe he was shy. When he sat at his throne, he was yawning a few times, he was visibly tired. But when the puja began, he sat still. There were a few moments when his head turned and looked up at the ceiling and he kept staring up quite a few times. He was full of expressions. But he is mostly happy when he is sucking on a lollipop. He is but a 4 year old still.

The puja was short, about an hour as prayers were read. Downstairs and the people outside were quite noisy, given the incessant ringing of handphones and people talking loudly and moving about. I was trying hard to concentrate. Anyhow, I remained calm. Finally it was our turn for blessings and we were led upstairs. Rinpoche blessed me by tapping his small hand on my head lightly. I presented Rinpoche with a red packet and a gift, I bought him a pair of small black Clarks shoes which I think is still too big for his age, after a glimpse at his foot. I also offered him karta. We were given a pack of dharma pills, Rinpoche's photo as well as the yellow blessed string. I left quickly after that.

Am happy enough I got connected to Tenzin Phuntsok Rinpoche finally.
Om vajra sattva hūm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...