Tuesday 22 February 2011

Dream of Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup

The 3 full days of glorious Grand Puja in Suntec City led by Dagyab Rinpoche and 20 monks from Gaden Shartse Monastery has finally come to a blissful completion.  On the last night after the event, as I knocked out, I had a very brief dream.  Actually I simply could not recall most of the dream in the beginning. 

Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup during Medicine Buddha Puja in ABC Sep 2010
There were a few people as well as Lama Zopa Rinpoche, but I could not remember what all of us were doing in the dream, very vague, only we were running around doing something inside Rinpoche's house, or a place he was staying in. I only remember a carpeted floor, and a table. The very last part of the dream, was Mama Karen appeared and called me. As I went up to her, she was talking or explaining to me about something seriously, I could hear her voice but I did not know what she was talking about in the dream. Then with a blink of the eye, she disappeared. And with another blink of the eye, I saw Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup suddenly appeared before my eyes, standing right in front of me!  He was very close to me, barely a few centimetres away, and he seemed bigger than normal. He was smiling brightly, and looked well and strong. I think I was kneeling down in the dream, for Rinpoche's head was right above me when I looked up. He was holding a vajra vase which was unusually bigger than normal, and he gently tapped my head with it.  Why I said the vajra vase was bigger is because when Khen Rinpoche placed the vajra vase on the crown of my head, the base of the round vajra vase was able to cover the top of my head completely. Right after Rinpoche tapped on my head gently with the vajra vase, he too disappeared into thin air. Then I woke up.

I am amazed as this was the first time I had dreamt of Khen Rinpoche. Although I do not know the meaning of this dream, I take it that it is a blessing. Khen Rinpoche is currently in Kopan Monastery recuperating from cancer.   

Khen Rinpoche with Khandro-la.


When Lama Zopa Rinpoche was here a couple of weeks ago, he has updated us that due to his checks, the best cure for Khen Rinpoche would be from receiving treatment and supervision by one of His Holiness the Dalai Lama's top doctor in Dharamsala, as well as Khandro-la.  Khandro-la is a special healer who has cured a person with the similar conditions as Khen Rinpoche. Both Dagri Rinpoche and Khandro-la have been performing pujas for Khen Rinpoche's health and long life and reciting lots of mantras.  Khen Rinpoche has also received many blessed substances from high lamas such as His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Hence the stomach cancer is currently well controlled. Kopan Monastery has sent thanks to many people worldwide who have been very concerned for Khen Rinpoche. The Monastery said, "due to the vast number of messages, we are unable to give individual replies but please know that your kind thoughts are appreciated and that Khen Rinpoche is aware of all of your best wishes".

I am very thankful for this very brief dream. May Khen Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup live long and come back to Singapore soon in order to give us teachings and blessings.

My other blog posts on Lama Lhundrup:
29 Sept 2011 - Project Swift Return
18 Sept 2011 - Devoting to a guru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...